Weight Loss Meal Plan: 7-Day, 1200 Calorie Diet Menu to Lose 10 LBS
- November 10, 2020
7-day, 1200 calorie diet menu weight loss meal plan to lose 7-10 pounds in a week.
When it comes to weight loss, calories matter. This is because calories are a measure of energy and basis for any weight loss plan. And managing your calorie intake is how you fundamentally lose weight.
No matter which diet plan you’re following, Paleo, Whole30, or the Keto diet, calories matter.
And in fact, it’s still all about the calories.
To lose weight, you need to take fewer calories than you burn.
Yes, no doubt some foods are healthier and more nutritious than others.
But weight loss is a calorie game.
Conversely, to gain weight, more calories need to be entering your body than leaving it.
With that said, exactly how many calories you need to consume in a day to lose your weight is highly personal.
And it also depends on factors like physical activities and metabolism.
But it’s been set 1200 calories a day is minimally required for anyone with any weight loss goal.
This 1200 calorie diet menu is designed to help you form eating habits that’ll help you lose weight. It’s an eating habit that you can stick with for the long term.
That’s why this plan provides an easy-to-follow meal planning guide for an entire week.
This full week of (delicious!) food will take the guesswork out of grocery shopping and prepping. It’ll make your eating for weight loss that much easier.
Each day, you’ll eat 3 main meals and a mid-morning snack.
Get ready to lose weight, slim down fast, and still feel satisfied.
7-Day, 1200 Calorie Diet Weight Loss Meal Plan
Breakfast – 297 Calories
2-3 Gluten Paleo Pancakes
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Pancake and Waffle Mix Birch Benders (2-3 pancakes – 130 Calories per serving)
- + 3 medium (1-1/4″ dia) Strawberries Raw, Fresh, Plain (12 Calories per serving)
- + 0.25 cup Blackberries (15 Calories per serving)
- + .2 bar Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip NuGo Nutrition (40 Calories per serving)
- + 1 tbsp Butter Pure Irish Kerrygold (100 Calories per serving)
Mid-Morning Snack – 198 calories
- 1 oz Skyr Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt SKYR.is (110 Calories per serving)
- + .5 cup Blueberries (41 Calories per serving)
- + 1/3 cup Granola Flax and Pumpkin Seed Granola Sprouts Farmers Market 47 Calories per serving
Lunch – 264 Calories
Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad and Tomatoes
- 1 oz Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, frozen Meat/Poultry Organic Valley (120 Calories per serving)
- 1/3 fruit without skin and seeds Avocados Raw, California (96 Calories per serving)
- .25 cup Organic Cherry Tomatoes Melissa’s Organics Melissa’s (11 Calories per serving)
- 1 tsp lime juice (0 Calories per serving)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (19 Calories per serving)
- 1 tsp fine-grain sea salt (0 Calories per serving)
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper (5 Calories per serving)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (9 Calories per serving)
- 1 springs parsley raw fresh chopped parsley (for garnish) (4 Calories per serving)
Dinner – 268 calories
- 1 serving Salmon Wild Caught in North Pacific Market Basket (140 Calories per serving)
- + 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (120 Calories per serving)
- + 1 Brussels Sprouts 8 Calories per serving
Breakfast – 293 calories
Berry-almond oatmeal recipe.
- 1 cup Oats, Regular And Quick And Instant, Unenriched Cooked With Water, Without
- Salt (124 Calories per serving)
- .25 cup Blackberries (15 Calories per serving)
- .25 cup Raspberries (16 Calories per serving)
- .25 cup, ground Nuts, Almonds Raw (137 Calories per serving)
Mid-Morning Snacks – 149 calories
Apple and Peanut Butter Snack.
- 1 apple
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
Lunch – 300 calories
- Egg salad, avocado wrap
Dinner – 316 calories
Breakfast – 369 Calories
Chocolate Protein Smoothie
- 1 Medium banana
- 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Protein and Greens Powder Gluten-Free, No Sugar Added, Non-GMO Vega
- 1 Cup of Almond Milk (Whole Food Brand)
Mid-Morning Snack – 149 calories
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- + 1/2 cup of blackberries
Lunch – 205 calories
- + 2 lettuce leaf
- + 2 slices avocados
- + 1/2 tomatoes (slices)
- + 1/2 red onion (sliced)
Dinner – 401 calories
- Cauliflower fried rice with chicken
Day – 4
Breakfast – 271 calories
Avocado egg toast
- 1 slice of whole-grain bread
- 1 large brown egg
- 1/2 avocado
Mid-morning snack – 145 calories
- 1/2 cup carrot stick
- + 1 hard-boiled egg
- + 4 whole crackers
Lunch – 186 Calories
Dinner – 328 calories
- 3 wedges of chicken Fajita Quesadilla
- + 1 cup baby broccoli
- + 1/2 cup black beans
Breakfast – 448 calories
- Eggs, bacon & avocado sandwiches
- + 1 cup coffee
- + 2 tbsp almond milk
Mid-Morning Snack – 195 calories
- 1 small banana
- + 1 tbsp peanut butter
Lunch – 349 calories
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
Dinner – 303 calories
- Baked Salmon
- + Mix green avocado salad
Breakfast – 313 Calories
- 1/2 small (6″ to 6-7/8″ long) Bananas Raw (45 Calories per serving)
- .25 cup, shredded Coconut Meat Fresh Fruit (71 Calories per serving)
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk Original Silk (45 Calories per serving)
- 1 cup Mixed Berries Frozen Fruit Dole (80 Calories per serving)
Directions: Blend all together to liquid, taste and enjoy.
- 1 large Egg, Whole Cooked, Hard-boiled (72 Calories per serving)
- 1 Cup Chicken vegetable soup
- + 1 piece of whole-grain bread
- 4 ounces of salmon baked or grilled over coleslaw mix salad. Pair with 100% whole grain (like quinoa) and an apple on the side.
Sunday – Fast day
- Coffee or tea (black no sugar or milk)
Lunch (12 pm)
- Make a quesadilla by sprinkle 1 ounce shredded part-skim Mexican cheese over 100% stone-ground corn tortilla cheese. Top with salsa and another tortilla; microwave for 45 seconds on high. Serve with 1/2 cup of fruits ( strawberries, blackberries or raspberries)
Dinner (7 pm)
- Serve 3 ounces of broiled or grilled blank steak with 1 baked sweet potato with 1 tablespoon butter; 1 cup steamed zucchini;
Tina co-founded Flattummydiet.com to provide women with flat belly diet and exercise tips to help them lose their belly fat and achieve their health goals in a sustainable way. Her passion includes health, fitness, writing, and dogs.