Skinny Mediterranean-Style Chicken and Pasta
- July 21, 2021
- Prep 25 min
- Total 25 min
- Servings 6
44% fewer calories • 76% less fat • 83% less sat fat than the original recipe. Have a few minutes? Create a taste of the Mediterranean with deliciously easy ingredients.
- 2 cups uncooked multigrain penne pasta (6 oz)
- 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups 3/4-inch pieces cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic no salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) Muir Glen™ organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, quartered lengthwise
- 3/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (3 oz)
In 4-quart Dutch oven, cook and drain pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Return to Dutch oven; cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Add zucchini and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Stir in chicken, tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano and basil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender and mixture is hot. Stir in olives.
Pour chicken mixture over pasta. Top with feta cheese; toss to coat.
- We’ve replaced ingredients with great-tasting alternatives to create better-for-you recipes that are just as yummy as the originals.
- If you want to reduce the cost of this recipe, sliced black olives can be substituted for the Kalamata.
- Prepare the veggies and cook the chicken ahead of time; cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to make the recipe.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories 270 Calories from Fat 60 Total Fat 7g 10% Saturated Fat 2g 9% Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 45mg 14% Sodium 540mg 22% Potassium 510mg 15% Total Carbohydrate 29g 10% Dietary Fiber 4g 17% Sugars 7g Protein 23g Vitamin A 10% 10% Vitamin C 15% 15% Calcium 10% 10% Iron 15% 15%
1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
© 2021 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved