Keto Diet Plan For Beginner 21-Day With Guide!
- June 20, 2020
How Keto Diet Works
The keto diet works by burning body fat and consequently has particular benefits for those seeking to lose weight, such as individuals with pre-diabetes. Ketosis occurs when people consume low carbohydrate, or no-carbohydrate diet plan and molecules called ketones to build up in their blood. Low carbohydrate amounts cause blood glucose levels to fall, and the body starts breaking down fat to utilize as energy.
What is Ketogenic Diet.
In simple terms it’s when you trick your body into using your own BODY FAT as its main energy source instead of carbohydrates. The keto diet is very popular method of losing fat quickly and efficiently.
The ketogenic diet is a very low-carb, high-fat diet that shares many similarities with the Atkins and low-carb diets.
It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat. This reduction in carbs puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis.
When this happens, your body becomes incredibly efficient at buming fat for energy. It also turns fat into ketones in the liver, which can supply energy for the brain. Ketogenic diets can cause massive reductions in blood sugar and insulin levels. This, along with the increased ketones, has numerous health benefits.
The Ketogenic diet involves significantly reducing carbohydrate intake while increasing protein to the levels necessary to maintain muscle mass with the calorie ratios approximating 50% protein, 20% low glycemic index carbohydrates and 30% therapeutic fats.
The general dietary guidelines involve avoidance of high carbohydrate foods such as bread, pasta, potatoes, rice etc. as well as all simple carbohydrates such as sugar, honey and fruit juice.
Protein is included in every meal as this helps to reduce appetite, regulate blood glucose levels and preserve lean muscle mass. Examples of protein foods are fish, chicken, turkey, meat, eggs, cheese, tofu and tempeh. Protein drinks such as whey protein isolate or soy protein may be utilized. Soy protein is especially beneficial as it has been shown to stimulate thyroid hormone production, reduce fat levels and promote fat loss, due to the phytoestrogens and essential fatty acids it contains.
Adequate fat intake is also essential as this enhances fat burning by the body while reducing synthesis of fatty acids in the body which both promote fat loss. Optimal sources of fats are flaxseed oil, fish oil, avocado, olive oil, nuts and seeds.
To provide balanced nutrition, vitamins, minerals, and fiber and to promote detoxification it is also essential to consume 3-4 cups of low carbohydrate vegetables or salad daily with one optional serve of fresh fruit daily.
To get your body into a ketogenic state you must eat a high fat diet and low protein with NO carbs or hardly any. The radio should be around 80% fat and 20% protein. This will be the guideline for the first 2 days. Once in a ketogenic state you will have to increase protein intake and lower fat, ratio will be around 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs. Protein is increased to spare muscle tissue. When your body intakes carbohydrates it causes an insulin spike which means the pancreas releases insulin ( helps store glycogen, amino acids and excess calories as fat ) so common sense tells us that if we eliminate carbs then the insulin will not store excess calories as fat. Perfect.
Now your body has no carbs as an energy source your body must find a new source. Fat. This works out perfectly if you want to lose body fat. The body will break down the body fat and use it as energy instead of carbs. This state is called ketosis. This is the state you want your body to be in, makes perfect sense if you want to lose body fat while maintaining muscle.
Now to the diet part and how to plan it. You will need to intake AT LEAST a gram of protein per pounds of LEAN MASS. This will help in the recovery and repair of muscle tissue after workouts and such. Remember the ratio? 65% fat and 30% protein. Well if you weigh 150 pounds of lean mass which means 150g of protein a day. X4 ( amount of calories per gram of protein ) that is 600 calories. The rest of your calories should come from fat. If your caloric maintenance is 3000 you must eat around 500 less which would mean that if you need 2500 calories a day. around 1900 calories must come from fats! You must eat fats to fuel your body which in return will also burn off body fat! That is the rule of this diet, you must eat fats! The advantage to eating dietary fats and the keto diet is that you will not feel hungry. Fat digestion is slow which works to your advantage and helps you feel ‘full’.
You will be doing this monday – friday and then ” carb-up ” on the weekend. After your last workout on friday this is when the carb up starts. You must intake a liquid carbohydrate along with your whey shake post workout. This helps create an insulin spike and helps get the nutrients your body desperately needs for muscle repair and growth and refill glycogen stores. During this stage ( carb up ) eat what you want – pizzas, pasta, crisps, ice cream. Anything. This will be beneficial for you because it will refuel your body for the upcoming week as well as restoring your body’s nutrient needs. Once sunday starts it’s back to the no carb high fat moderate protein diet. Keeping your body in ketosis and burning fat as energy is the perfect solution.
Another advantage to ketosis is once your get into the state of ketosis and burn off the fat you’re body will be depleted of carbs. Once you load up with carbs you will look as full as ever ( with less bodyfat! ) which is perfect for them occasions on weekends when you go to the beach or parties!
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT KETO
No doubt you have at least one friend who is doing the keto diet. Or maybe you’ve read about the long list of celebrities who swear by the eating approach: Tim Tebow, Megan Fox, and Jenna Jameson.
Short for “ketogenic,” the keto diet speeds weight loss with a macronutrient formula that dials down the carbs while dialing up the fat. And the results are impressive, with people posting their body transformation photos all over Instagram, and continually boasting how they eat until they feel satisfied and get to eat damn yummy dishes that seem to always feature one food: bacon. Everyone loves bacon, after all. Except vegetarians. And, of course, swine.
But there’s just one problem and it’s a biggie. Carbs.
You no doubt picked up this guide because the moment you think about ditching carbs is the moment you feel driven to stuff a fresh piece of bread into your mouth. Or pizza. Or a cookie. Or a slice of pizza followed by a chocolate covered pretzel and a cookie…with some ice cream. Or about 150 other foods. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Because the flavor and texture of high-carbohydrate foods makes life worth living.
8 Reasons You Love The keto Diet
Short for the “keto diet,” keto eating plans are high in fat (60—75 percent of your calories), moderate in protein (15 to 30 percent), and low in carbs (5 to 10 percent). This breakdown sends your body into a state called ketosis. That merely means that your body is breaking down fat into compounds called ketones that your cells can burn for energy. And burning fat for energy can lead to major results in the weight loss department. Because of ketosis, you may be able to:
- Double your weight loss. People who followed the keto diet for 2 years lost more than twice as much weight (27 pounds vs. 10 pounds) than people on a standard low—calorie diet, according to a study of 45 obese people published in the journal Endocrine. The keto dieters also lost 4.5 inches from their waists, compared to the 1.6 inches of low calorie dieters.
- Stop feeling so hungry all the time. The keto diet increases satiety and curbs cravings. People usually reduce their daily caloric intake to about 1,500 calories a day (naturally) because the diet makes them feel fuller sooner and for a longer period of time.
- Lose fat, not muscle. Keto helps you shrink abdominal fat while preserving the muscle mass you need to keep your metabolism humming, found a study published in the Journal of Nutrition.
- Lower cholesterol levels. In one study, total cholesterol dropped throughout the 24 weeks study participants were following a keto diet. HDL (the good cholesterol) improved, while LDL (the bad kind) and triglycerides dropped.
- Kick start your metabolism. It takes more energy to process and burn fat and protein than it does with carbs, so you will burn slightly more calories even if you have not increased your exercise—while on the keto diet.
- Reduce inflammation. The keto diet drives down several bio markers of inflammation, research shows. Because inflammation is predictive of other diseases, lower inflammation equals greater overall health.
- Improve insulin sensitivity. This is really a simple equation. When you eat fewer carbs, your blood glucose goes down, which in turn lowers your insulin levels. Lower insulin levels helps to improve insulin sensitivity, finds research.
- Alleviate the symptoms of PCOS. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder that prevents the ovaries from developing or releasing eggs. With PCOS, excess insulin increases a woman’s androgen and testosterone levels, which then limits her estrogen production and the body’s ability to ovulate. The keto diet, however, can help decrease inflammation and insulin resistance in people with PCOS. All of this said, you probably shouldn’t plan to stay on keto forever. Most experts recommend staying on the diet for only a couple months at a time.
We have made 21-Day Keto Diet plan its super simple to shorten your time in kitchen. Here are some Grocery Lists. All you need to do is to follow the list and you’re done. We Pick 40 Low-Carb Recipes in this plan you can eat pizza, tacos, lasagna, pancakes, grilled cheese, waffles and even fried chicken. You just need to prepare them differently as before using low-carb ingredients that have the same taste and pleasure as you were using before but without using the actual carbs.
If you already started the keto and you are still confused or frustrated by having insufficient recipes about what you should eat and what shouldn’t or by any chance you’re not losing the weight, then you should try our 21-Day Keto Diet Plan to make you started on the right hand.
Try 21-Day Keto Diet Plan and start losing 2 or 3 lbs in First Week. Our keto followers claim they drop one to two lbs a week using our diet plan.
What includes in This 21-Day Keto Challenge
- 21-Day Meal Plan
- 40 Delicious Recipes
- Easy Shopping List
- Keto Guide