Keto Diet Menu: 7-Day Keto Meal Plan for Beginners
- May 04, 2021
The keto diet is the perfect diet for quick weight loss and to improve your health.
By now, you’ve definitely heard of the keto diet. It’s popular with celebrities, fitness experts, and probably your neighbor.
If you’re new to the keto diet OR you’re looking for a little meal plan mix-up this is the perfect post for you.
This 7-day keto diet sample meal plan is here to introduce you to the diet so you can see if it’s for you.
Before I give you the meal plan, here are a few things to consider before starting a keto diet…
Foods to Avoid
In short, any food that is high in carbs should be limited.
Here is a list of foods that need to be reduced or eliminated on a ketogenic diet:
- Sugary foods: Soda, fruit juice, smoothies, cake, ice cream, candy, etc.
- Grains or starches: Wheat-based products, rice, pasta, cereal, etc.
- Fruit: All fruit, except small portions of berries like strawberries.
- Beans or legumes: Peas, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, etc.
- Root vegetables and tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc.
- Low-fat or diet products: These are highly processed and often high in carbs.
- Some condiments or sauces: These often contain sugar and unhealthy fat.
- Unhealthy fat: Limit your intake of processed vegetable oils, mayonnaise, etc.
- Alcohol: Due to its carb content, many alcoholic beverages can throw you out of ketosis.
- Sugar-free diet foods: These are often high in sugar alcohols, which can affect ketone levels in some cases. These foods also tend to be highly processed.
Ultimately, avoid carb-based foods like grains, sugars, legumes, rice, potatoes, candy, juice and even most fruits.
Foods to Eat
You should base the majority of your meals around these foods:
- Meat: Red meat, steak, ham, sausage, bacon, chicken and turkey.
- Fatty fish: Such as salmon, trout, tuna and mackerel.
- Eggs: Look for pastured or omega-3 whole eggs.
- Butter and cream: Look for grass-fed when possible.
- Cheese: Unprocessed cheese (cheddar, goat, cream, blue or mozzarella).
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, etc.
- Healthy oils: Primarily extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and avocado oil.
- Avocados: Whole avocados or freshly made guacamole.
- Low-carb veggies: Most green veggies, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
- Condiments: You can use salt, pepper and various healthy herbs and spices.
It is best to base your diet mostly on whole, single ingredient foods.
The above is not a complete of either foods to avoid or keto-friendly foods. It just covers the foods in this 7-day meal plan.
7-Day Keto Diet Menu Sample
The most important thing about going keto is to focus on eating a high-fat, medium-protein, low-carb meal.
Here’s a sample 7-day sample meal plan:
The keto or ketogenic diet is great for people who are looking to lose weight and improve their health.
This sample 7-day keto diet plan is a great way to see if the diet is right for you.
But, as with any diet, you should always check with your doctor first before starting.
If you’re looking to burn fat, it’s important that you incorporate some form of exercise with the diet.
If this article hit home for you, The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet really is the best place to start your weight loss journey.
My clients lose an average of 10-21 pounds in 21 days and absolutely love the program! But even better than the weight loss is the feedback we get from our clients about how the program has taught them how to change their eating habits and find a diet that truly works for them in the long-term.
I have over 2,000 clients in our private support group going through the Ketogenic Diet together, and every day they are sharing experiences, results, motivation, and lots of recipes!
If you need to lose 50 pounds or more and ready to make a HUGE and PERMANENT change in your life, this is the ONLY place you should start. The program was designed in a way that it can be completed in multiple rounds if you have more weight to lose.
The strategies that I teach will help you make the necessary changes in your diet, fitness, and lifestyle and more importantly, help you maintain an enjoyable, sustainable, and flexible way of eating.
Leave a comment below if you enjoyed this article on how to lose weight if you weigh 200 lbs or more or if have any questions!
What Do People Who’ve Lost Weight On Keto Know That You Don’t?
Does it feel like no matter what you do, weight loss is ALWAYS a struggle? Yet for others it comes easy. What do THEY know that you don’t?
What are THEY doing that you aren’t?
I’m sorry to say, it’s not the latest exercise craze, dietary supplements, magic pill, or extract that’s helping others lose weight.
It’s a sustainable program that is focused on your unique metabolism, hormones, and lifestyle. A program with YOU in mind.
When I launched the 3-Week Ketogenic Diet 1 year ago, I never thought over 3,000 people would have downloaded and used this plan. Much less have over 100 people lose over 20 pounds in 21 days.
The results keep coming in and I’m STILL shocked to see some of the transformations, but the messages NEVER get old.
If you’d like to become the next success story, then watch the free presentation and read the success stories, then share yours in 3ish weeks inside our private support group on Facebook, here’s some of the messages: