Keto Cheeseburger – The Best Burger Recipe
- September 25, 2021
Cheeseburgers… what could be a more perfect centerpiece to your casual keto feast? Heavy on the flavor and satisfaction, but light on effort! And you don’t need bread to make them wonderfully tasty — dress ’em up with delicious salsa and toppings instead!
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (230 g) tomatotomatoes
- 2 (1 oz.) 2 (30 g) scallionscallions
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) avocadoavocados
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 tsp 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, for frying
- 5 oz. (4 cups) 140 g (900 ml) lettuce
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 5 oz. 140 g cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp pickled jalapeños, chopped
- 2½ oz. 70 g sliced dill picklesliced dill pickles
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Chop up the salsa ingredients and stir together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Mix in seasoning and half the cheese into the ground beef, combining with hands or a wooden spoon until blended.
Make four burgers and fry in a pan or grill if you prefer. Season with salt and pepper, and add the remaining cheese on top towards the end.
Serve on lettuce with mayo, bacon, pickled jalapeños, dill pickle and mustard. And don’t forget the homemade salsa!
Here’s how to make your own super-healthy mayonnaise without soybean oil and additives.