Indian chickpea salad for weight loss
- June 18, 2021
Indian chickpea salad for weight loss | kabuli chana salad with pudina dressing | healthy chickpea salad for weight loss | with amazing 23 images.
One of the most nutritious beans – chickpeas are rich in iron, protein and folic acid . Curds enrich this tangy Indian chickpea salad with mint dressing with more protein and calcium while coriander and mint increase its vitamin A content. So we have got you a salad with such a combination that is chickpea salad with mint dressing.
kabuli chana salad for weight loss is very quick and easy to make. If you are on a diet or need to watch weight, this is a perfect healthy chickpea salad for weight loss recipe. This salad is light on the tummy and is super healthy. You can even have this for your lunch or dinner or you can also use it as a tiffin recipe!!
The method to make Indian chickpea salad with pudina dressing is very easy!! We have soaked kabuli chana overnight and cooked them, but make sure you do not over cook them or the salad will get mushy will tossing. Take mint, coriander, curds, salt and pepper and blend them together to make the mint dressing. Cut cucumbers and tomatoes into cubes and chop the spring onion greens and white. To prepare the chick pea salad with mint dressing, combine chickpeas, tomatoes, onions, spring onions, prepared mint dressing, salt and pepper to taste and toss everything well. You can even add few drops of lemon juice if you wish to.
Refrigerate the healthy salad with dressing and serve it chilled to relish the flavours of kabuli chana salad with pudina dressing.
Enjoy Indian chickpea salad for weight loss | kabuli chana salad with pudina dressing | healthy chickpea salad for weight loss | with detailed step by step photos and video below
For the mint dressing
- For the mint dressing
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using a little water. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- How to proceed
- To make indian chickpea salad for weight loss, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add the mint dressing and toss well.
- Serve the indian chickpea salad for weight loss immediately or chilled.
Indian Chickpea Salad for Weight Loss recipe with step by step photos
Like Chickpea Salad with Mint Dressing
- Salads are light on your tummy, wholesome and good for your health. If you are someone who often munches on salad for lunch and dinner, you must check out this collection of 700+ vegetarian salad recipes. You can customize salad recipes with whatever ingredients are available around. Adding a protein source like paneer, beans or pulses is a good idea to make it more filling. Like Indian chickpea salad for weight loss | kabuli chana salad with pudina dressing | healthy chickpea salad for weight loss | Listing down some of my favorite salad recipes made using chickpeas :
Preparation for the chickpea salad
- To make the Indian chickpea salad for weight loss | kabuli chana salad with pudina dressing | healthy chickpea salad for weight loss |, wash and soak 1 cup of kabuli chana overnight in a deep bowl
In the morning, drain well using a strainer
- Transfer the soaked chana to a pressure cooker.
- Add the salt and 3 cup of water.
- Pressure cook it for 3 to 4 whistles over a medium flame or until they are soft. Allow the steam to escape naturally and then carefully open the lid
- Drain the boiled kabuli chana using a strainer and keep aside
- Chop the tomato and cucumber into cubes.
- Also, chop spring onion greens and whites.
- For the mint dressing, we will be using fresh mint leaves and coriander leaves. Pick and clean the bunch of these leafy greens.
- Wash them thoroughly, pat them dry and chop them. Measure ½ cup each and keep aside.
For the mint dressing
- For preparing a refreshing mint dressing, in a mixer jar, take chopped mint leaves.
- Add chopped coriander.
- Next, add 2 tbsp of low-fat curds. This increases the tanginess of the chickpea salad and also adds in protein and calcium to that bowl.
- Season it with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Grind to a smooth paste using a little water and keep aside. You can refrigerate this dressing until serving if not using it immediately
How to make chickpea salad with mint dressing
- To make kabuli chana salad with phudina dressing, in a bowl take 2 cups of drained and boiled kabuli chana. You can even use kala chana or any other pulses.
- Add tomato cubes. Mint, coriander and tomato increase the folic acid and vitamin A content of this chickpea salad recipe.
- Add cucumber cubes.
- Add chopped spring onion greens and whites.
- Add salt to taste. Be careful while adding salt as the dressing and also, the boiled chana has salt already.
- Add the prepared mint puree.
- Toss gently using two spoons and our kabuli chana salad with mint dressing is ready.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve chickpea salad with mint dressing. You can relish it immediately or put it in a refrigerator for a while and enjoy a chilled bowl of chickpea salad.
Indian chickpea salad for weight loss
- Indian chickpea salad for weight loss. High protein and high fiber diet is the essence of weight loss. And this Indian chickpea salad is the best example of this. The high protein salad content (8.1 g per serving) helps to boost metabolism and build muscle mass. It also aids in building the cells of your body, including the immune cells. This high fiber salad abounds in fiber too, which gives you a feeling of satiety and avoids binge eating. The mint dressing is the true essence of this recipe. It adds not many calories but instead lends antioxidants to avoid inflammation along with irresistible flavours. It can be served in small portions as a snack or toss in some paneer and make it a meal in itself. Remember to chew it well to avoid indigestion. If you face bloating problems with pulses at night, avoid this salad during dinner time and have it for lunch. This would give you enough time to complete digestion. To achieve weight loss turn to recipes like chickpea salad along with a good exercise regime, as only diet doesn’t aid in achieving your weight loss targets.
Tips for Indian chickpea salad for weight loss
- This recipe has overnight soaking, so plan for it in advance.
- The kabuli chana for this recipes should be perfectly cooked till done and yet maintain a texture that you can bite into.
- There is salt added while cooking chana and while making the dressing both. So ver little salt while making the salad finally.
- Look for mint leaves and coriander leaves that have firm, unwilted leaves, are vividly deep green in color with no signs of yellowing or browning.
- Do not make the dressing too much in advance. It may lose its colour.