cinnamon water, cinnamon for weight loss
- May 07, 2022
Cinnamon water drink is simple and quick to make fat cutter drink using a cinnamon stick or cinnamon powder. This water is a wonder drink for those looking for drinks that aid in losing weight. It is a very effective and widely known drink to reduce fat with a proper diet and also with regular workouts. Follow this diet drink for amazing weight loss benefits.
- About Cinnamon and Honey
- Difference between two Cinnamon
- Usage as spice
- Step by step procedure
- Cinnamon lemon water
We get different types of cinnamon…
Two types of Cinnamon:
- One is Ceylon cinnamon.
- The second type is Cassia cinnamon.
Ceylon cinnamon is the true cinnamon and cassia cinnamon is known to be the fake kind of cinnamon.
How does cinnamon look like?
Cinnamon sticks appear brown in colour and are of finger size rolls. True cinnamon is the aromatic bark of a cinnamon tree and has got many layers inside the roll.
Fake cinnamon has not got layers inside the roll and is brown in colour too but does not give out any aroma or fragrance.
I am sharing a cinnamon drink that can help effectively with weight loss. Do follow it with the rest of the things such as diet and exercise.
Difference between two Cinnamon
- True cinnamon that is the Ceylon cinnamon is actually the real cinnamon and has lots of fragrance in it.
- Fake cinnamon is the unreal cinnamon that is not suitable for cooking.
- True cinnamon is mainly suitable for cooking purposes and is on the sweeter and tastier side while fake cinnamon is slightly toxic in nature and not suitable or beneficial for consumption purposes.
- Actual cinnamon has got many layers and appears light in weight, very expensive, aromatic with lots of health benefits.
- Fake cinnamon is heavier than the true cinnamon, very cheap and not expensive and also found in abundance whereas true cinnamon is not found in plenty all over the world.
- The conclusion is, always look for true cinnamon that tastes amazing and never opt for fake cinnamon which is not suggested to be consumed.
Cinnamon water x
Usage as spice
- Cinnamon is known to be one of the best spices in the world which are highly used in medicine as it has got many medicinal properties as well as good for consumption.
- Cinnamon due to its great medicinal properties is used in ayurvedic medicine as well.
- It is mainly used for the purpose of cooking and highly used in Indian cooking.
How is cinnamon used in cooking?
- Cinnamon is used widely in Indian kitchens as it gives a great aroma to all the dishes made such as flavoured rice recipes or curry recipes in which cinnamon is added along with other spices during the tempering stage as they release all the essential flavours and give a great aroma to all the recipes.
- Every special dish made takes in cinnamon as the flavorful ingredient into the dish and lifts up the flavour of the whole dish.
- Not only rice and curries but cinnamon is mostly used in desserts such as cakes, rolls and also it is used as a topping on many sweet recipes.
How it is used for weight loss
- Cinnamon helps reduce hunger cravings and any food cravings by munching on a little bit of true cinnamon. Have it either in its whole form or water or in powdered form.
- Cinnamon is mostly known to control sugar levels and help deposit less fat inside the body and thus helping in losing weight.
- Whenever we do have cravings to munch on something unhealthy stuff then cinnamon comes into place.
- Have it often which controls the cravings to have unhealthy food and thus helping in reducing the cholesterol levels in the body.
- Cumin is also used for weight loss and check the post of cumin seeds water for more details.
Benefits of this spice
- Cinnamon should always be consumed as it is a wonder spice that can cure many body-related issues.
- Adding it to curries gives an aromatic flavour.
- It is said to have lots of antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- These help in reducing the forming of bacteria or any form of fungus inside the body.
- Cinnamon is a known spice for ages and is effectively used for weight loss issues.
- It is said to improve digestion, heartburns, gastric problems in human beings.
- This spice is also known to reduce the risk of cancer as it has anti-carcinogenic properties.
- It is mainly said to reduce the blood sugar levels and also the cholesterol levels in our body.
Check out other weight loss drinks on the blog such as ginger tea for cold, cumin water, apple cider vinegar weight loss recipe, lemon water for weight loss, cucumber juice, lauki ka juice, karela juice, how to make aloe vera juice etc…
It should be used in very little quantity and having it in more quantity than recommended might cause negative effect to the body.
Do not use more than a teaspoon of it per day. Take in the form of powder or just use few sticks such as 2 to 3 per day if using in another form such as in a drink.
How to drink this water to lose weight
- Drink cinnamon-infused water every day on an empty stomach or before breakfast. Following during specific timings helps in reducing blood sugar levels, bad cholesterol levels and also help in suppressing cravings.
- It helps in suppressing the appetite to a certain extent thus avoiding overeating and gaining weight.
- It can also be used in between meals by making a cinnamon-infused drink or by just mixing some powder in warm water and having it regularly.
- The drink is very simple to make and the recipe to make cinnamon water is shared below. I hope to receive good results after trying out this drink with my viewers.
Check out the recipe below to make cinnamon water and hopefully it can bring a change in the lives of those looking out for losing some belly fat or other body fat.
Step by step procedure
- Firstly, take a sauce pan, add water into the pan.
- Add cinnamon sticks. Add 1 or 2 and not many sticks to avoid very strong flavors.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and simmer it for 5-10 minutes.
- Let the cinnamon flavour seep into the water completely.
- When the water appears brownish red in colour switch off the flame.
- Allow the water to cool down and let it turn lukewarm.
- Take a glass and strain the lukewarm water into the glass.
- Add a teaspoon of honey into the glass and stir it well.
- Drink it on an empty stomach early in the morning or between meals.
- Gives better results if consumed frequently and another similar weight loss recipe to be checked out is the ginger water weight loss recipe as well as check out the video below.
Cinnamon lemon water
If you want to make a drink using lemon in this water then add a teaspoon of lemon extracted juice to the cinnamon water and make it more healthy as well as a detox weight loss drink by enhancing the flavours with lemon and honey to the cinnamon steeped water.
Another recipe on the blog which has lemon in it is lemon cucumber water which is a detox recipe.
cinnamon water, cinnamon for weight loss drink
A quick weight loss drink that works well for losing body as well as belly fat….
3.79 from 228 votes
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Total Time 15 mins
Calories 21 kcal
- 1 glass water
- 2 medium size cinnamon sticks (dalchini)
- 1 teaspoon honey
Firstly, take a sauce pan.
Add water into the pan, add cinnamon sticks.
Bring the water to a boil.
Reduce the flame and simmer it for 5-10 minutes.
Let the cinnamon flavor seep into the water completely.
When the water appears brownish red in color switch off the flame.
Allow the water to cool down and let it turn lukewarm.
Take a glass and strain the lukewarm water into the glass.
Add a teaspoon of honey into the glass and stir it well.
Drink it on an empty stomach early in the morning or between meals.
Gives better results if consumed frequently.
Check out the video procedure below.
- Cinnamon powder too can be used in place of cinnamon sticks.
- Adding honey is optional, but it tastes even more better with honey added.
- Follow this weight loss drink often and see amazing results.
cinnamon water, cinnamon for weight loss drink
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
WANT TO WATCH VIDEO RECIPES?SUBSCRIBEUS ON YOUTUBE
Can we use cinnamon powder instead of stick?
Yes, cinnamon powder too can be added in lukewarm water and consume.
What is the best time to consume this drink?
The best time to have it is to consume half an hour before breakfast and can also be consumed before bed.
Does it help in weight loss?
Yes, it does aids in losing weight but there should also be another important list of things that need to be followed such as workouts etc… in order to promote weight loss.
Does cinnamon help in preventing any other things?
It is said to reduce the cholesterol levels in our body as well as helps in reducing the blood sugar levels but it is highly advised to seek a doctor’s help before using it for ailments.
NOTE: The information shared here is general but one should always consult a physician before taking any decision on following the drink regularly.
The information provided in this article is only for general purpose and is not given by any medical practitioner… Please follow the doctor’s advice before following any weight loss drink.
Do not attempt these sort of drinks in pregnancies as they may cause negative effects during that phase.