3-Day Detox Diet Plan and Cleanse Recipes for Rapid Weight Loss
- January 30, 2021
Want to lose weight? Try this 3-day detox diet plan and cleanse recipes.
Whether you’ve been in a binge mode for the last 3 days or complete hibernation for the last 3 months, we feel you.
We’ve all been there and felt the bloat, toll, and all.
If you are thinking of revamping your health and weight loss with a clean new diet, we are behind you 100%.
But instead of jumping into it, why not ease into your new healthy diet and give it a fresh start.
Many people who begin a new eating plan want to start from a clean slate.
And detox cleanse plan is a perfect way to do this!
Detoxes prep your body to receive healthy nutrients by cleansing your system.
This cleanses, in particular, is considered to be a natural way to detox.
Hence, it’s free of any caffeine, dairy, sweeteners, or wheat, gluten, and animal protein. By omitting these, it encourages your body to rid itself of the toxicities coming from them.
This can be a helpful deed for your weight loss once you start your new clean diet.
On this detox plan, one most important component is drinking enough water.
To get the adequate fluid, aim for four 12-ounce glasses of water each day. No cheating with flavored water!
I suggest dropping a slice of lemon or lime with a spring of herbs if needed.
Or else, stick to plain filtered, distilled or spring water throughout your detoxes.
If you are ready, let’s get started on your 3-day detox diet plan to reduce your bloat, lose weight, and revamp your health.
First—start your day with this freshly prepared Wake-Up Drink. You’ll be drinking this every morning for 3 days.
Lose 10 pounds in a week with this 7-Day, 1200-Calorie Meal plan
1. Lemon-Ginger Drink
Whether you are on a weight loss plan or detox diet, how you start your day matters.
It can affect your metabolism and bodily functions.
And my ultimate favorite drink to get my morning started is this Lemon-Ginger Drink.
You’ll wake up feeling refreshed after drinking this tasty concoction!
Plus, its zippy flavors begin immediately to start flushing fat from your system.
If you’re not already familiar, ginger and lemon are both detox power players!
Ginger gets your metabolism going from the first sip.
You’ll continue to burn extra calories throughout the day as you eat and workout.
And that’s just by starting your day with this drink. The other superfood, lemon is also a well-known detox ingredient.
It also works to flush excess water from your body, taking toxins along with it!
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 12 ounces of water, room temp
- ginger root, 1/2 inch knob
- Mix water and lemon
- Using a zester, grate ginger over water mixture
Breakfast Detox Drink Recipes
1. Super Green Drink
You’ve probably been hearing a lot about “green” drinks lately, and it’s for good reason!
This Super Green drink wipes away your prior bad decisions.
And if you see the ingredient list, you’ll be fully convinced.
This green drink has kale, spinach, cilantro, and other superfoods.
Together they work to deliver nutrients and flush your system.
And you’ll be surprised how great this veggie concoction tastes.
I credit fully to the simple addition of sweetness from an apple! It’s a healthy sweet taste that you can get used to in your detox smoothies.
To make this drink, you can either use your blender or juicer, whichever you prefer or have access to.
With the blender method, you’ll be ending up with a much chunkier, more tangible drink than a drink from a juicer.
For breakfast, I personally prefer that since it tends to be more filling and satisfying. But again, it’s your choice.
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 1 small chopped cucumber
- 2 leaves of kale
- handful of spinach
- A handful of fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1 peeled lemon
- 1 chopped apple that has been seeded and cored
- 2 tsp. of chia seeds
- Feed all ingredients (minus the chia seeds) into a juicer. Just before drinking, stir in chia seeds.
- Add all ingredients into a blender along with 1 cup of chilled water. Before blending, add ice to the desired texture. Blend until smooth.
Optional—strain through a fine-mesh strainer before drinking to rid drink of pulp.
Mid-Morning Detox Snack Recipes
Veggies + Nuts
Veggies and nuts are the best mid-morning snack option.
Not only do they stave off hunger. They allow you to stay on track with your healthy choices for the rest of the day.
It’s a huge plus that they are also portable too. So if you are on the go or want to keep a stash at your office, you can easily do that with this snack option.
- 1 sliced carrot
- 1/2 sliced cucumber
- 1 sliced stalk of celery
- 8 raw walnut halves or almonds
- 2 tbsp. raw pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Rinse and dry veggies to keep in the refrigerator for a grab and go snack.
- perfect for taking to work!
Avocado with Lemon and Olive Oil
Just because you are trying to lose weight or detox doesn’t mean you can have any fatty fruit. Avocado is an excellent source of fiber and antioxidants.
To top it all, they also help maximize your body’s absorption of other nutrients.
In other words, it helps increase your detox’s effectiveness while boosting your health.
Chili pepper is also a cleaning food that adds to this power combo.
It helps soothe digestion and gets your metabolism going.
Since avocado is also a pretty filling food, if you need a heavier snack, this option is a great choice.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of chili pepper
- Slice an avocado in half
- Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, and chili pepper
Don’t underestimate the power of a single ingredient!
Apples contain phytochemicals like D-Glucarate, flavonoids, and terpenoids.
These compounds work to flush additives and metals from our bodies. They are essential while detoxing!
For example, the flavonoid Phlorizin aids in bile production. Which then helps the liver to detoxify your system.
Enjoy with some turmeric tea for added benefit.
Lunch Recipes for Detoxing
Option 1. Cucumber, Tomato, + Avocado Salad
Just because you’re detoxing, it doesn’t mean that you have to give up on eating! You can still enjoy clean eating with real fresh produce that’s good for your body.
The key is to combine the ingredients that work so well for detox without sacrificing the taste.
And my absolute favorite is this salad.
This crunchy, juicy and creamy salad is so yummy and satisfying.
You’ll seriously forget it’s working hard for your body.
Avocado is an amazing nutrient-supplier!
It contains heart-healthy fat in addition to fiber and potassium.
Drizzle some lemon juice and sprinkle a handful of cilantro. You’ll have lunch that’s hard to beat! It’s also a blessing that it’s a breeze to put it together.
- 1 large, diced cucumber
- 4 Roma tomatoes, largely diced
- 3 peeled avocados, largely chopped
- 1 small red onion—thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss well to coat the vegetables in the oil and seasonings
- Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
Red Cabbage Dill Salad
If you are following a plant-based diet, you’ll love this vegan-friendly detox recipe.
It’s a refreshing cabbage salad that’s free of any dairy.
If you are a vegan, you’ll love the fact that this recipe uses lemon juice in place of mayonnaise!
The flavors are plentiful, thanks to the bursting aroma and taste of citrus juice. Orange and lemon juice and zest are the perfect complements to this crunchy salad.
The crunch of red cabbage and spring onions gives the perfect bite to this flavorful detox salad.
- 300g shredded red cabbage
- 3 sliced spring onions
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh dill (or basil)
- Juice/zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 50g golden sultanas (optional)
- 10 walnuts (or a small handful of pistachios), crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the ingredients
- Add lemon juice and seasoning to taste
Mid-Afternoon Detox Snack Recipes
Optional meal.1. Avocado + Celery with Vegan Pesto
If you find yourself hungry in the afternoon, you don’t need to starve yourself till dinner.
You can enjoy a basil vegan pesto dip with celery sticks to both satisfy your belly and taste.
Not to mention, pesto is a great way to add more nutrients and vitamins to your detox meal plan.
If you can, make your vegan pesto from scratch with fresh basil. But if that’s not all that possible, you can buy a fresh vegan pesto made with olive oil or avocado oil.
- 1 slice of avocado
- 3 celery sticks
- 1 tbsp. vegan pesto
Dinner Recipes for Detox– prepared once and eaten daily for up to 3 days
1. Fat-flushing Vegetable Soup
In the spirit of detox, this recipe makes a great way to jump-start your healthy eating!
We love that it’s super simple to make. That means it can easily be your go-to meal for busy weeknights. But, it’s also comforting enough to be enjoyed on the weekends.
Whenever you have it, it will deliver tons of healthy nutrients and support your detox plan!
This soup has powerful fat-flushing ingredients. The elements of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They all work together to flush toxins and fat away from your system.
Soft, savory sweet potatoes and beans, zesty garlic, flavorful spinach, and savory tomatoes. They are all superfoods that happen to be super tasty, too.
This powerful soup supports your organs and glands. It improves the acid-alkaline and sodium-potassium balance in your body.
The result–fat and toxins are flushed and nutrients are added!
We always love to hear your thoughts–try out this awesome soup and let us know what you think!
- 1 medium peeled sweet potato, cut into 1″ cubes
- 3 peeled and sliced carrots
- 1 stalk diced celery
- 1 diced small yellow onion
- 1 minced clove garlic
- Pinch of Kosher or Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans, drained and rinsed (or black beans)
- 4 c. low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes—optional
- 4 c. loosely packed baby spinach (or, sub in 2 sliced zucchinis)
- 3 tsp. EVOO, (optional for serving)
- Put all ingredients, excluding spinach, and olive oil, to a slow cooker
- Cover and let it cook on low until vegetables are tender about 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in spinach and continue cooking just until wilted, approximately 5 minutes
- Serve and enjoy! It makes 3 servings or one per night you are doing 3-Day Detox Plan
For the thicker soup:
- remove 1 cup after 5 hours
- mash with a fork
- return mixture to the slow cooker, stir and continue cooking for an additional 1-3 hours
- When serving, drizzle a little olive oil over each bowl
- Olive oil helps the body absorb nutrients more efficiently. It’s a great way to support a healthy digestive system.
- Follow the same instructions above regarding prep. Then cover and simmer until all veggies are tender, approximately 2 hours
- Stir every 15 minutes to prevent sticking
- Add spinach at the end of cooking time, then remove from heat to allow spinach to wilt before serving
Before-Bed Drink to prepare daily and enjoy fresh
1. Chamomile Tea
As Peter Rabbit knows, this calming drinks will help soothe you right to sleep. Sipping slowly allows your body to relax and your mind to be free from distractions. With it, you’ll be sure to get a more restful sleep.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- Add one cup water to a small saucepan or tea kettle
- bring to a simmer, then remove from heat
- pour into a mug and add one tea bag
- Allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes before enjoying