10 Diet Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- July 08, 2021
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Bananastock / ArtLife Images
(2) Stockbyte / Photolibrary
(3) Westend61 / ArtLife Images
(4) Ross Anania / Photographer’s Choice / Photolibrary
(5) Image Source / ArtLife Images
(6) Image Source
(7) Somos Images / Photolibrary
(8) Image Source / ArtLife Images
(9) Getty Images
(10) Photodisc / Photolibrary
(11) Image Studios / Upper Cut Images / Photolibrary
(12) Robin Lynne Gibson / Stone / Getty Images
American Heart Association: “No-Fad Diet Tips.”
Boschmann, M. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, December 2003.
Columbia University, Go Ask Alice: “Do drinking and weight loss mix?”
Jefferson University Hospital Blog: “When Should You Weigh Yourself?”
KidsHealth: “Ready, Set, Breakfast!”
Lara Hassan, MS, RD, nutritionist, Cooper Clinic, Dallas.
MedlinePlus: “Weight Control.”
Michael Zemel, PhD, director, The Nutrition Institute, University of Tennessee at Knoxville.
NHS.uk: “Why is gradual weight loss better than a crash diet?”
Pereira, M. The Lancet, January 2005.
Rolls, B. The Volumetrics Weight-Control Plan: Feel Full on Fewer Calories, HarperTorch, 2000.
Shi, H. The FASEB Journal, 2001.
Starbucks: “Explore Our Menu.”
Reviewed by Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, LD on June 01, 2020